WE ARE HIRING:
Remote within Germany
Senior Gameplay Animator
Remote within Germany
Senior Gameplay ANimator (f/m/d)
FULL-Time Employment // Remote Within Germany
Level: All levels can Apply
At Screen Juice, we champion action packed gameplay experiences and intriguing systems that always put the player first.
As part of our team, you will design, create and implement character animations for our fast-paced project “Morbid Metal”, a dark sci-fi, 3rd person, hack ‘n’ slash action-roguelite, in which players can shapeshift between unique characters to slaughter enemies with powerful, stylish combos.
For our studio’s first project and beyond, we are looking for an experienced gameplay animator to join us as a long term part of our core team, partaking in the studio’s inception and helping us deliver outstanding experiences to players for years to come.
- Deliver high quality 3D animations for Morbid Metal’s unique characters and their diverse movesets
- Actively work with Game Designers to design movesets and outstanding animations for playable characters, enemies and bosses from the ground up
- Troubleshoot rigging and art related issues in connection with animation
- Become the champion of Morbid Metal’s visceral action
- Work directly with other disciplines: brainstorm, pitch ideas, receive and provide feedback, iterate upon concepts and designs
- Ability to deliver jaw-dropping gameplay animations
- Strong understanding of keyframe animation, motion capturing and procedural animation
- Being able to work with complex game animation systems and extensive animation state machines
- A high level of self-motivation and ability to work autonomously and take responsibility for the bad-ass moves in Morbid Metal
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to accept feedback and adapt to change
- Great understanding of implications of animation on gameplay
- Understanding for character rigging
- A positive attitude and motivation to create games that make players fall in love with them
- Fluent in English
- Character rigging experience
- Familiarity with Unity’s animation features and pipelines
- Experience as an animator in the game industry is not required. If you are talented and willing to apply your skills during the production of a high-octane action game, we’d love to welcome you on board
- Familiarity with martial arts and/or other melee focused combat practices
- A passion for sci-fi and/or action games
Screen Juice is a new, incredibly passionate, independent studio based in Cologne, working remotely across Germany.
Founded in 2022 by Felix Schade, formerly working as a solo developer on Morbid Metal, and after securing funding from one of the industry’s leading publishers, we are now looking to extend the core team and build a captivating experience for players who love bad-ass action and engaging experiences, just as we do ourselves.
We are just as passionate about our project as we are about the people creating it. Due to our small team, being part of Screen Juice comes with a lot of personal responsibility, freedom and short decision-making routes. And most importantly – A motivated team full of fellow gamers.
By partnering with one of the industry’s leading publishers we unite fresh talent and innovative ideas, with invaluable experience and knowledge of industry veterans.
- Passionate fresh talent with the backing of invaluable experience of industry veterans
- A motivated team, striving to create awesome games together with awesome people
- Great team spirit
- Team members are champions of their respective fields: ownership and responsibility for your work
- Fully remote position within Germany with maximum flexibility
- We are open for non German speaking team members; our company language is English with regular online team meetings
- Occasional in-person meet-ups
If you are interested in joining a passionate, new studio and you are a highly motivated team player that wants to make an impact on gamers worldwide, please apply DIRECTLY VIA EMAIL to firstname.lastname@example.org, sending us
- Portfolio ideally including examples of sword fighting/ melee combat character animation, gameplay movement cycles, cinematic/ storytelling animations
- any other documents you feel that help underlining your talents and background
If you have any questions regarding the position, Screen Juice or Morbid Metal, don’t hesitate to reach out!