WE ARE HIRING:
Remote within Germany
Senior Gameplay Animator
Remote within Germany
unity Programmer (f/m/d)
FULL-Time Employment // Remote Within Germany
Level: All levels can Apply
At Screen Juice, we champion action packed gameplay experiences and intriguing systems that always put the player first.
As part of our team, you will breathe life into the designs and features of Morbid Metal, a dark sci-fi, hack ‘n’ slash action-roguelite, in which players can shapeshift between unique characters to slaughter enemies with powerful combos.
For our studio’s first project and beyond, we are looking for an experienced Programmer to join us as a long term part of our core team, partaking in the studio’s inception and helping us deliver outstanding experiences to players for years to come.
- Contribute to and implement new gameplay features and systems
- Closely work together with the game designers to bring the game’s design to life
- Dig deep into the codebase of our project to improve existing systems
- Proactively taking initiative to solve issues
- Collaborate with other team members to help shape the project’s architecture
- Deep dive into the project’s tech to advance it through technical know-how
- Working in a cross-functional team environment
- Work directly with other disciplines: brainstorm, pitch ideas, receive and provide feedback, iterate upon concepts and designs
- 2 years of professional programming experience working at at least one released game
- Extensive experience with the Unity Engine
- Great C# skills
- Experience with Unity’s AI and animation features
- Deep understanding for game architecture, performance optimization & profiling
- Great understanding for Unity’s technology
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A positive attitude and motivation to create games that make players fall in love with them
- Fluent in English
- Experience in developing tools for game development
- Experience working with roguelikes/ procedural generation systems
- Experience with complex combat systems
- Game Design experience
- Shader creation skills
- Experience in graphics programming
Screen Juice is a new, incredibly passionate, independent studio based in Cologne, working remotely across Germany.
Founded in 2022 by Felix Schade, formerly working as a solo developer on Morbid Metal, and after securing funding from one of the industry’s leading publishers, we are now looking to extend the core team and build a captivating experience for players who love bad-ass action and engaging experiences, just as we do ourselves.
We are just as passionate about our project as we are about the people creating it. Due to our small team, being part of Screen Juice comes with a lot of personal responsibility, freedom and short decision-making routes. And most importantly – A motivated team full of fellow gamers.
By partnering with one of the industry’s leading publishers we unite fresh talent and innovative ideas, with invaluable experience and knowledge of industry veterans.
- Passionate fresh talent with the backing of invaluable experience of industry veterans
- A motivated team, striving to create awesome games together with awesome people
- Great team spirit
- Team members are champions of their respective fields: ownership and responsibility for your work
- Fully remote position within Germany with maximum flexibility
- We are open for non German speaking team members; our company language is English with regular online team meetings
- Occasional in-person meet-ups
If you are interested in being an important part of a passionate, new studio and you are a highly motivated team player that wants to make an impact on gamers worldwide, please apply directly below (email to email@example.com), sending us your
- a cover letter including your earliest starting date, expected salary and why you would like to join us
- any other documents you feel that help underlining your talents and background
If you have any questions regarding the position, Screen Juice or Morbid Metal, don’t hesitate to reach out!